Hello! I'm Owen, I've been studying Software Engineering in the the beautiful town of Aberystwyth for the last few years. I mainly code in NodeJS, Python and C, although I am open to trying out new things like Haskell, Rust and Go.
Last year I worked at Clock Ltd, and learned a whole lot of new tech that I had never even considered before; as well as making some amazing friends.
I'm also really passionate about Swing Dance, in all it's forms. So I've spent the last few summers at Herrang Dance Camp, having the time of my life. If you want to talk Trad Jazz, let me know!
One thing I am really proud of is my Linux and Vim setups, I've actually done a few talks on Vim at BCS meetings and you can find my vimrc here. If you have any questions or comments let me know I love a chance to nerd out on it.
Here are some of my side projects:
- It's back - Written in NodeJS, this is a website that alerts users in real time when a site comes back up after being offline.
- Daily Mail Bot - Protest bot written in Python, that mirrors Daily Mail & Sun articles posted to reddit.
- Process Game - A small C game I made as a learning exercise. Find a way to kill the game without it knowing.
- OandXs - Noughts and crosses in a recursive manner, so that the game can be played multiple layers deep.
- Gists - A few nice snippets of code that I was particularly proud of.